Sunday, March 11, 2012

Big Girl Bed.






Alexis is now in her big girl bed. We converted her crib into a toddler bed last week. She did so well! The first night was the only night we had any issues. I would tuck her in and get into bed. The minute I laid down, I would hear little footsteps then a door opening. There she was in our room, climbing up on the bed, and putting me to sleep! Haha! She would say "Mommy go nap, shh shh shh, nap," then give me kisses and run her fingers across my forehead. It was so cute! Those tender moments that you just want to hold on to forever. I would get back up and put her back in her bed and the whole thing would repeat. I finally decided to put the side rail of her crib against her bed and just lean it there so she would think she couldn't get out. Normally this wouldn't have worked, but it was past midnight and I could tell she was exhausted. Sure enough, she stayed in bed all night. We haven't had any trouble keeping her in her bed at all since. We also decided to go and see Beauty and the Beast in 3D with Alexis and Grandma Pam. We all loved it. It's amazing what technology has to offer. She was so entranced with it all. She kept her glasses on for over half the movie! It was so cute, she would turn to me and say "wooow! That's so cool! So fun!" over and over again. She's such a big girl and soooo smart! She's our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment