Monday, August 1, 2011

Painting My Parents House.

This weekend Kort, Alexis and I drove to St. Anthony to my parents house to paint it. My Dad had done some of the prep work so we could just show up and paint the house. Unfortunately, there was still extensive loose paint on the house even after being pressure washed, so we spent three hours on Saturday morning scraping loose paint off of the house. After that the real fun started. Kort was so good with the paint gun! He got the entire house painted in three hours. Two coats of paint and primer and then the paint and primer on the trim and window sills.  By the end of the day we were exhausted! Our neighbors came by and helped scrape off loose paint and brought us ladders to use. It is so nice to see such a wonderful community come together to help in times of need. :)

Here are some before and after pictures. I'm so proud of my hubby for doing all of that work just for the sake of helping my parents and because he loves to put his good working skills to use. He definitely earned himself some man points, lol. 










1 comment:

  1. GREAT JOB!!! Our house was the same color before we painted it :), but we didn't have a paint sprayer so we did it all by hand. I bet your parents LOVE their newly painted house.

    ReplyDelete