Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cake Practice.

had my first try at baking a fun but a little complicated cake today for Alexis's 1st birthday party.  Needless to say it didn't turn out very well.  I underestimated the size of the barbie's legs and made the cake too small and I haven't quite mastered how to make fondant so that's a work in progress.  For now, I did a rough draft just using regular store bought cheap icing and cake mix.

Then I put some fun decorations I had around the house to make it look more festive but the decorations will be pink and purple for Alexis's party and not like the ones that are on the cake now.  Regardless, it was so much fun making the cake and Alexis had a ball.  She played with the bowls and boxes and didn't care too much for the bowl on her head, lol.  She was too cute so I took tons of pictures and video.  Ah, sweet memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment