Monday, May 2, 2011

Triumph for America.

I heard last night as the missionaries were here that Osama Bin Laden had been killed. As we heard the news, all of the people in my house were elated and couldn't believe the news.

I can't help but feel joy that someone who has been so awful in our minds, and has caused so much devastation has been killed. On the other hand, there's a piece of my heart that just can't find the ability to feel happy.  It feels weird to be happy that someone is dead, no matter who they are.  It's a little conflicting because I know I should be elated as well...but being happy over death just doesn't feel right.  I can only think how his loved ones might be feeling knowing that he is gone for doing what he believed, good or bad.  For us, it's a good thing. No one who causes that much harm should go unpunished..I just hope that God takes care of us all and judges us like only he should.

No comments:

Post a Comment