Friday, April 3, 2009

Update - Sorry it's been a while...Kind of long!

It's been a while since I've posted any blogs! Wow. I am so bad at keeping up with everything that I have going on. I figured since I am at home today, sick again!, that I would try and keep up. This weekend was a bit of a shocker. Saturday I went to school the entire day! Wooohooo! I didn't feel sick hardly at all and Kort came in to get his haircut. He looked so adorable. I think I did a good job. Then we went straight from there to my brother's 31st birthday party. That was hilarious! We dressed him up as a " Prison Beeyotch" lol. I will have to post pictures soon. I have lost the connection that goes from my computer to the camera so posting pictures is on hold until then. But I got some from my birthday party and my bro-in-law Lionel. They are funny. I have more, but I'll have to post them later. I love the one with all the gals in the family. We look good! :) I'm getting distracted.

While at my brothers b-day party we get a call saying my mom is in the hospital. She was cleaning at work with a serious chlorox cleaner and a lady dumped a blue bucket out and pressure washed it in the same area as my mom. The chemical she dumped was an acid based chemical and put the two together = disaster. My mom was so sick and my Dad had to pick her up from work. On their way home she got really bad and my Dad got a police officer to pull over and help him. They called the ambulance and got her to a hospital. It was awful for her. Yesenia, Bimb and I went to St. Anthony to see my mom and by the time we got to the hospital, she was doing a lot better. She still couldn't eat anything that was liquid and they were detoxing her and getting stool samples to make sure everything was good. But man were we scared. She had all the symptoms of a stroke. My Dad rarely cries and he was a wreck. Thank goodness she's better now. It was funny though, she hated the "food" they made her eat and kept saying it wasn't food. I took pictures of her in the hospital and afterwards did her makeup and her hair to make her feel pretty in a yucky environment. My Mom's always beautiful though :) so it wasn't hard to pretty her up. She was happy when the doc came in and discharged her at 9:30pm! Oh and my Dad had a huge reality check. My Mom does everything for him (I mean EVERYTHING) and he was on his own for two days and nights, cooking and cleaning, it was funny to watch him.


So that was about it for the weekend. Oh yeah...I threw up the entire way there and I thought my brother was going to spew just watching me :) Lots of smiley faces on that one. He let me cut his hair though on Tuesday and it turned out really nice. I was happy. Wierd week, but all together everything is going great. Baby still makes me super sick, but I'm getting a little better at tolerating it. Doc appointment on Monday - can't wait to hear Baby's heartbeat!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your Mom but I am glad she is out of the hospital and feeling better. Will be this the first time you get to hear the heart beat? How exciting!

    ReplyDelete