Sunday, November 7, 2010

Alexis' 1st Birthday Party!



























Alexis' 1st birthday party was a magical day. Everything was perfect! It started like this...

I prepared for every aspect of this special day. Kort and I decorated the entire ceiling with crepe paper in purple, pink and white to create the illusion of a ballroom with Happy 1st birthday banners and balloons. We put up princess pictures on the walls of our garage with balloons and swirling hanging decorations. We had games for the kids in the garage. There was pin the crown on the princess, playdough wars, puzzle races, the Wii and silly string and bubbles.

We were giving out raffle tickets all night to the kids and whoevers name was drawn received a prize. The grand prize was first shot at the piƱata and a 2lb bag of suckers. The kids had to compete against each other seeing who could outlast in jumping jacks and silly games like that. They all had a blast.

Inside we had the BSU gammon and the adults got to relax and eat burgers, cake and ice cream sundaes. We talked and enjoyed everyones company. Oh and did I mention it was a costume party??? It was awesome! Kort and I were the king and queen and Alexis was the princess. My nephew Camren was Buzz Lightyear and my Dad was Woody. My Mom was a witch and Mona was a cat. Yesenia was Mulan and Irving was Lancelot. Grandma Pam came as the fairy godmother and I think her outfit won! Gma Bettie was Hawaiian. Kayla was Tinkerbell, Alyssia was a witch from Hocus Pocus and TJ was a starwars guy. My nieces Keisha and Taylor were Minnie Mouse and a ghost and Korts friend Jen's daughter Suzanna came as Jasmine. My friend Sandra's daughter came as a fairy. Everyone looked wonderful in their costumes.

I stayed up until 2am making Alexis' cake and decorating the house. It was a beautiful yummy cake. It was perfect for my little princess. Her gifts were all so thoughtful and beautiful. She is o e spoiled and loved little girl. Daddy and I love her to pieces!

After our guests headed home, my family sat down and played Texas Hold'em all night. It was Everything Kort and I pictured our little girls first celebration would be like. We are so fortunate!

No comments:

Post a Comment