Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First Doctor's Appointment

We had our first doctors appointment today. I was told my the nurse to not eat or drink anything after midnight and to not use the bathroom until I get there, so they could get the first morning urine sample and blood work. Well all night I woke up, each hour, with dreams that I was using the restroom! I would wake up in a panic and then realize that I still had a full bladder. Well, needless to say, at about 5am and a very full tummy, I couldn't sleep, I was uncomfortable and even if I could sleep the dreams just continued, so...I went the the bathroom. My goodness it felt good! So I went to my 8:30am doctor's appointment without a full bladder. Luckily, the nurse was really nice and I had to pee again anyway by 9:30am so it wasn't a problem. We went over how much the baby was going to cost and it was about what I'd expected. Around $14K. Yikes! I'm so thankful we have great insurance and it's only going to cost us out of pocket $2K. Geez, babies are expensive! And they make you sick to your stomach all the time, and ridiculously tired. Baby is doing great if my emotions are any idea. I get all weepy watching dumb shows, and I get crazy mad at the drop of a hat. My stomach is still cramping and the peeing is getting more frequent. It just shouldn't all start already. I thought it would somehow get a little better and not be too bad until my third trimester? Ahhhhhhhh, what if it does get worse my third trimester?? I think we might just be having this one baby, lol. :) The nurse said Baby is about 7 1/2 weeks along based on the date of my last period. I have another appointment for the ultrasound and to hear the heartbeat in April, so I'm really excited about that! They are going to measure Baby and see how far along he is gestationally. Kort was kind of awake through all of this. I think what really woke him up was the nurse asking our medical history both personal and family. We had it all written down prior, but my list seemed to never end, lol. The billing associate took a picture for our file and it was adorable. Kort and I look really tired but happy in it. Amazing day.

2 comments:

  1. Marbella, I am so glad all went well w/ your 1st appoinment(and yes the peeing probem just gets worse, just pray you don't get horrible heartburn..but that shouldnt happen till your 3rd trimester:) I am glad that they never made me hold my pee..that must have been awfull. Good luck in all. I cant wait to hear about your next appoitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the Adventure begins!!!! I really cant wait for you to show us the first ultrasound picture...I know the baby wont really look like anything but a little kidney bean but its so exciting anyway!
    P.S. my file picture looked like hell... I was so tired and sick, I dont know if it even looks like me..haha.

    ReplyDelete