Thursday, October 22, 2009

Another Doctor's Visit.

So I kind of freaked out this morning. My little girl moves around like crazy it seems like ALL the time! She's so active. Last night I didn't feel her move once. I thought I felt a tiny kick, but nothing else. This morning after breakfast, I laid down and didn't feel her still. I called my dr's office and they said to drink a tall, cold glass of apple juice and lay down for an hour and count her movements. There should be 10. I felt no movements but my stomach tightened and then released four times. That was it. So I called back and they said to go to Labor and Delivery to be evaulated and make sure she's okay and not in distress. Well, true to form, the word distress got me distressed and I started thinking the worse and before you know it, I'm having a major panick attack. What if she's not breathing? What if somethings wrong and I waited until now to call? You get the picture.

Turns out she is absolutely fine. She's just topping the scales at 8 1/2 lbs and she's tightly cushioned in amniotic fluid pretty low in my tummy, so I couldn't feel her. When they hooked me up to the machines I could hear her moving around and swooshing in my tummy, but I still couldn't feel her. The nurse said to just give it a little time, drink a can of cold Pepsi once a day and lie down for an hour. That should make me feel her because the caffeine and sugar will get her riled up. If I don't feel her and I've done that, go back to L&D. I felt kind of bad going when everything turned out to be fine, but what a relief knowing that I was just over reacting and she is still healthy and snug inside. Thank goodness for amazing nurses who know just how to make you feel like your a good parent for noticing instead of a nuisance "first time mom." :) I love my Dr's office and the staff at St. Luke's.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I would have freaked out! I am so so so glad the baby is doing great. Please,Please let me know if you need anything now or after. Email me at work, I want to come see your house and chat it up like old times. Again, I am soo soo glad you are both well.

    ReplyDelete