Friday, August 20, 2010

Fever.

Today has been a crazy day.  This morning I woke up feeling great and refreshed.  I had a day off yesterday which was amazing! I got a facial today at work and it was so wonderful.  I thought i had a client at 4pm but she rescheduled so I unexpectedly had the rest of the day to myself.  I made all these elaborate plans: 

1). Go to Downtown Boise and see Allison's newborn baby
2). Go to the Boise Mall (Forever 21) and find some fashionable clothing to wear for the fall season.
3). Come home, clean up the kitchen and living room some more, then relax and watch a football game.
4). Go to bed early and snuggle with Alexis and Daddy. 

Needless to say by the topic of this blog entry...it didn't go as planned.  I did go see my friends newborn baby for about fifteen minutes then we took off to the mall.  As we're getting there the car decides to stop and not turn back on...in the middle of the mall parking lot! Luckily a few minutes later it turned back on, we parked and headed inside for some air conditioned goodness.  Well, when we woke up this morning Alexis was more than fine, but I'm not sure if it was just the brief visit to the hospital or the excessively hot temperature outside, but she was getting a little warm while we were at the mall.  She got diarrhea and so I took off her clothes, wiped her with a lukewarm towel and gave her some water.  We shopped for all of fifteen minutes then we were back in the car and ready to go home.  She just wasn't feeling well and you know when you have a baby who isn't fussing but looks miserable, somethings not right.  In the car, I take all of her clothes off and set the air-conditioning to a nice temperature for her and head home.  We get home and she is burning up! I took her temp under her arm and it was reading 100.4 degrees and she feels like she's on fire.  Literally. I have never felt her so hot even when she had her previous and only fever a few months ago.  I made sure she was getting liquids, she was still peeing ok, went potty again (messy!) and we alternated giving her water and formula.  It is 10:30pm and she's finally in bed, resting comfortably as far as I can tell.  She's been getting some Ibuprofen to help the fever.  I hope by morning she's all better and it was just a mild case of whatever it may be.  

Sad day for Mommy.  You feel so helpless when you're baby doll is sick and there's nothing you can do to make her feel better other than rub her back and soothe her.  I know I have a lot more in store for me, but this was too sad.  I thought I did a good job of keeping her safe and mostly free of illness but then something like this happens and it makes me wish I would've just stayed home and enjoyed the day here with her.  *Sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment