Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No More Nursing.

So it's kind of a sad week in the fact that my milk supply has almost completely dried up.  I am officially no longer nursing my baby girl.  With work and life and not being with her enough to feed her often, I've dried up.  So I've substituted our Mommy and Alexis nursing time with Mommy and Alexis reading time.  I tell her stories and spend some time with her that way.  Needless to say, it's a work in progress.  *sigh* I feel like this is a big step that I wasn't quite ready for.


Kort and Myself

Alexis and her cousin Liam at his 1st birthday party

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am sorry, I could have only wished my milk dried up on its own. It took me forever to wean Caleb, I won't tell you how old he was when I finally did it. Weaning was one of the hardest things I had to do. I was in such a routine that when I had to wean him, it was a shock for both of us. Plus my milk was still in full force, so I went for 2 weeks in misery. I am glad you found something to substitute her with. At least you were able to breastfeed her, a lot of people don't want to, or don't have the privilege.to do so.

    ReplyDelete