Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh Happy Day - Oh Sad Day.

Just as things are going great for a few days/weeks something always has to balance out the cycle and give me something to gripe about.  Alexis's fever is gone, but I'm having trouble getting her to take her bottle or eat her food.  She'll eat it if she's really hungry but then refuses to take it the minute she has had a few bites or a couple sips.  I talked to my doctor and he said to keep offering her foods, she may be going through a stage of rebellion.  As long as she has plenty of dirty/wet diapers a day and doesn't seem to be lethargic with any noticeable changes then she's fine.  It is really frustrating to go from nursing to bottle feeding and have her pull on my shirt as she pushes the bottle away.  I hope this stage gets better.  

I finally was able to reorganize my ENTIRE house! It feels so wonderful to walk in to a clean house no matter which part of it I'm in.  I guess the one area that still needs some attention is the pantry, but that gets cleaned out weekly and for some reason it always gets destroyed, lol.  I also realized that at the end of this month I'll have been at my job for 3 months :) yay! I still love it and enjoy going to work.  I have a little better of an understanding how to do things that in the past scared me a bit.  It's great to know that I can tackle these things without the previous fear that I am going to screw it up.  I have a lot more to learn but I feel so much more comfortable with myself.  It's a wonderful feeling  

I actually got to spend some time with my sister this weekend which was great! And I got to spend time with Sarah last weekend too.  I've been trying to balance out family, work, playtime, me time, and every other time! It is tough work.  I'm not ready for my niece to leave our home and me have to start looking for daycare.  I think I still have a few months, so I'm just going to relax until then.  

Happy days + sad days = balanced life.....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment