Monday, December 28, 2009

First Word??? AH! So Happy!


Every day I read Alexis a book, or if I can't for some reason, I count her fingers with her and her toes, and point out body parts, make descriptions, etc.  Anything to get her learning.  I have read that its very important to start young and just work with your baby everyday.  Alexis has been actively doing her baby talk since she was 5 weeks old.  She's almost 2 months old and already all she wants to do is have you talk to her and play with her.  It's the cutest thing.  Everyone who holds her and plays with her she coos and tries to mimic the way your mouth moves.  If you blow her a kiss, she tries to pucker her lips the way you just did.  Well all of this has led to something unbelievable!  Alexis has been so fussy lately because she is teething and we've been trying to soothe her as much as we can.  One of the things that I always say to her when she's upset is "Mommy's here, Mommy loves you."  We got home from Grandma's yesterday and she was so upset and wouldn't stop crying, so I laid her on the bed and was putting stuff away to grab her and Kort was trying to talk to her and make it better when we both heard, "mommy" clear as day.  Of course the rest was just crying but we both distinctly heard her say mommy.  I know that this isn't really possible so it might have just been her crying so hard that it happened to come out, but I am still counting this as her first word :) because she said mommy!  I am so happy!  Kort says it doesn't count because her first word has to be something that she can consciously repeat and not something she said in an upset fit.  He's just saying that because he works with her everyday and says DaDa and he swears that will be her first word, lol.  Regardless, I'm so  elated I thought I'd post this because this is definitely something that's going in her baby book!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment