Sunday, November 15, 2009

Breastfeeding. Ouch.

I have heard that breastfeeding can hurt if you don't do it right, but never, EVER, did I think it would hurt this bad.  Baby Doll and me and have been working on latching and getting it down, but man are my nipples sore.  They bleed and just when they start to get better, she starts suckling the nipple again and it hurts!  I am going to be going to breastfeeding classes and see if there's something more that I can do to help me and her get it right.  It just hurts so much at this point that I'm contemplating just bottle feeding her my breast milk.  I just bought the Ameda Double Electric Pump and I've been pumping after her feedings so that I can keep up my milk production for her since she keeps falling asleep and only gets enough to make her happy for the moment.  

I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but never did I think it was going to be this painful.  I guess that's just the sacrifice you make for having such a beautiful little princess to love on.  She's almost lost her umbilical cord too so that's really exciting.  I can't wait until we can take a shower with her and she and Daddy can have some bonding time :) too.  

3 comments:

  1. That is exactly how it was for me with Issy. I quit the first week. I am glad you are hanging in there. I went to a breastfeeding class with Jax and I really did learn a lot. I remember when I couldnt even wear a shirt. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty painful but it is getting better. I didn't think the breast pump would hurt but it kind of does right now because my nipples are so sore and tender. Oh well, I guess it will eventually get better, or so they say, lol. Thanks for commenting on my blog! It is a nice way to keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know how ya feel! I thought I was going to die. I remember at the hospital they told me I was never suposed to bleed. They were liars!!! The pump never worked for me so that was fusrating. I am glad to hear the pain is getting a little better.

    ReplyDelete