Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Bath.



We took Alexis a bath and she was so good! I couldn't stop laughing at her little expressions. She purses her lips when we try to wake her up and she's not ready to and she gives you this face that is just adorable. She sure has a cute little personality already.  Getting to know your baby is such an experience.  You start catching on to all of their needs by their touch, the look on their face and their cry.  Like, out of nowhere she just starts wailing and suddenly stops.  It's only for a few seconds and it usually means she's ready to be fed and her way of letting me know.  But its the cry itself that's distinctive.  If I don't pick her up within a few seconds after that and feed her, she really starts crying as if someone just pinched her arm and won't let go.  Already I hate hearing her cry like that.  It just breaks my heart when her chin starts to quiver and she screams that particular scream.  Other than that, she usually doesn't cry or fuss too much.  And so far she's a great sleeper!  She wakes up three times, once around 12am, 3:30am, and 7:30am.  I'm glad we're getting a routine going because now I know what to expect a little more and I don't wake up every half hour to check on her and make sure she's okay!  

After the long weekend of visitors it was nice to have a day to ourselves, well mostly. We were able to really play with her and love on her.  It was great.  I feel like I can't get enough of her!  Kort says the same thing.  We just love our Baby Girl so much!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I really want to come visit. Its been a hectic week for us (3 meetings for me this week),but I will call you tomorrow to see if you are ready for one more visitor.

    ReplyDelete